Friday 13 March 2009

Welcome to my blog

OK, so no-one's reading yet. That's fine, I hardly expected to rule the internet with a blog that doesn't even know what it wants to be. Anyway, as Sweden prepares to select its Eurovision entry, I wanted to take a look at some of my favourites from this year.
First up was something of a surprise for me. Jonathan Fagerlund has skirted around the periphary of my brain with a couple of tuneful but low-key songs. Pleasant enough in a tuneful McFly sort of way. And yet, as I listen to the Melodifestivalen CD on a pretty much continuous loop, I find myself coming back to Jonathan's unsuccessful entry.



With a shout out chorus, irritatingly memorable lyrics (driving in the fast lane, living out loud) and a pleasingly inoffensive arrangement, this track is a real grower. And I'm loving it. Not sure he looks too great in the video, but then, we can't all be Måns Zelmerlöw now, can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment